Millworks Flooring engineered prefinished hardwood floors are crafted to meet the industry’s highest
quality standards and are carefully manufactured to ensure they are free of defects. Each board is
meticulously inspected before and after the finishing process to make sure it complies with Millworks Flooring
strict standards. All Millworks Flooring
hardwood floors are covered by a limited residential warranty as
described in this document. Additional information can also be found at www.nwfa.org,
Wood Flooring Association’s (NWFA) website.
Prior to installing your Millworks Flooring, you or the installer must determine the job-site environment
and whether the floor’s sub-surfaces meet or exceed applicable industry and product standards
including the following:
- You must comply with all applicable environmental and building codes, regulations and laws.
- Your installation area and subfloor must be dry, sound and flat within industry standards. Also, use
a moisture barrier according to the installation instructions and acclimate your flooring to the area
where it is being installed. Once acclimated and before work begins, measure the moisture content
of the flooring and subfloor with a moisture meter and document it. The moisture levels between
the flooring and the subfloor must be 4% or less.
- Your installation area must be between 60˚ to 80˚ Fahrenheit with a relative humidity between 30%
and 50% for at least five days prior to delivery and throughout the life of your floor to ensure
- It is the duty of the owner and installer to inspect each plank for quality, color, and finish prior to
installation. This warranty does not cover materials with visible defects once they are installed.
Please immediately contact your retailer if you are not satisfied with the flooring prior to
installation. Standard industry practice (reference: NWFA) allows for up to 5% defects that could
include milling, handling, finish and/or grade defects. This warranty applies only to flooring material
that is in excess of this 5%. Millworks will replace or refund the purchase price of material deemed
to be defective in excess of 5%
engineered wood floors are covered by a lifetime structural warranty to the original purchaser
with a promise that the flooring will not delaminate. This warranty is void if improper maintenance or
installation methods are used as defined by National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA) guidelines
This limited warranty is valid from the date of purchase of the flooring up to 50 years for normal
residential foot traffic or 5 years for light commercial foot traffic and is not transferrable or any owner
other than the original purchaser.
Your Millworks Flooring
engineered floor is warranted against finish wear from normal household conditions
resulting in the exposure of the bare wood. It is also warranted against grading, finishing and milling
defects in excess of the normally accepted waste. The waste factor is an industry term that refers to an
allowance for manufacturing and natural defects in flooring and is represented by a percentage.
Accordingly, it is warranted that no more than 5% of the total square footage of your purchase of a
domestic species and 10% for exotic species will exhibit any manufacturing or natural defects.
This warranty is void if improper maintenance or installation methods are used as defined by NWFA
engineered wood floors are not recommended or warranted for installation over radiant
heated sub-floors unless otherwise agreed to in writing by Millworks Flooring
The appearance and performance of any wood floor depends on following industry accepted practices
for installation and care after the floor is installed. Accordingly, the warranty shall be voided if any of
the following conditions exist:
- Improper storage and handling of the flooring.
- Improper installation practices including leaving inadequate expansion space around the perimeter
of the installed area, use of improper adhesives, subfloor leveling outside of NWFA guidelines,
insufficient flash time when using adhesives, inadequate acclimation, etc.
- Any damage to the wood flooring related to excessive humidity or excessively dry environmental
conditions (including but not limited to checking and wind shake exposed due to extreme climate
changes). Moisture (and dryness) outside of industry accepted temperature and humidity ranges
can cause issues such as cupping, crowning, warping, buckling, peeling, twisting, or gapping.
- Squeaking, splitting and/or cracking by any cause other than the miss-manufacture of the flooring.
- Wood flooring is a natural product. As a result, changes occur as a result of the conditions to which
it is exposed including seasonal and environmental factors. Seasonal gapping due to the wood’s
expansion and contraction in heating and non-heating seasons may occur. In addition, natural wood
variations from board to board, like differences in grain, color, tone and knots, may exist. Issues
relating to these natural wood characteristics are not covered under this warranty.
- Man-made or natural disasters including, but not limited to, leaking or broken plumbing, fire, flood,
earthquake, or standing water during or after construction.
- Problems affecting the flooring related to substrate or subfloor moisture emission before or after
- Improper preparation of, or deficiencies in the subfloor joist assembly including, but not limited to,
subfloor material, fasteners, patching or leveling compounds. These situations are considered to be
part of the installation inspection process prior to installing the flooring. Do not install flooring if
these situations exist.
- Insect infestation after shipment from the factory.
- Neglect or abuse including, but not limited to, not taking proper precautions to protect furniture
legs and feet with felt protectors, dirty or improper casters, moving heavy objects without a dolly or
protective plywood beneath.
- Spiked and/or damaged heels and pet claws.
- Dents or scratches in the flooring caused by but not limited to furniture, appliances, casters, or
unusual foot traffic.
- Falling objects which can dent or fracture the flooring and finish.
- Moisture infiltration from sidewalls.
- Non-factory applied finish (by the owner or installer) including, but not limited to, refinishing or
- Normal color variation and natural characteristics of wood products discovered after the flooring is
installed including fading or color shifting from exposure to light.
- Normal wear of the finish in high traffic areas, pivot points, and seating areas. Gloss or sheen
changes are not considered wear through, and therefore not covered under the finish warranty.
- Improper floor care or cleaning such as wet mopping or the use of some solvents in the cleaning of
glue, debris, etc. or excessive moisture can damage the finish.
- Damage to finish caused by leaving 3-M Blue Tape on face of product for a period in excess of 24
hours or damage caused by the use of any other tape other than 3-M Blue Tape. Floor protection
should never be fixed in place by taping the material to the installed flooring, no claim by that
application will be honored.
- Losses, damages or expenses relating to anything other than the floor itself are not covered. For
example, personal damages/costs that may arise while pursuing a quality issue, such as missed time
from work, hotel stays, storage fees, kennel costs for pets, etc., are not covered. Further, costs
relating to the removal of defective flooring or installation of replacement flooring are not covered
under the warranty. Countertops, cabinets, built-in appliances or other fixtures should not be
installed on top of your floor and the cost of the removal or replacement of these items is not
The foregoing sets forth the Manufacturer’s sole obligations and liability under the Warranty. The
Warranty is an exclusive remedy and is in lieu of all other express and/or statutory warranties. The
Manufacturer disclaims all warranties not expressly set for the above.
To file a claim under this Warranty Program, contact your retailer or builder within 3 months of
experiencing a problem.
A written notice of claim must be filed within the warranty coverage period along with proof of
purchase. Information verifying the identity of the original purchaser and invoices as proof of purchase
will be requested. The floor must have been purchased from an authorized dealer and entirely paid for.
The purchase of Millworks Flooring
hardwood flooring from an unauthorized dealer will automatically void any