Millworks Luxury Vinyl Plank is crafted to meet the industry’s highest quality standards and carefully manufactured to ensure that
the flooring is free of defects. Each plank is meticulously inspected before and after the finishing process to make sure it complies
with Millworks Flooring’s strict standards. All Millworks Flooring luxury vinyl tile is covered by a limited warranty as described in this
Prior to installing your Millworks flooring, you or the installer must determine the job-site environment
and whether the floor’s sub-surfaces meet or exceed applicable industry and product standards
including the following:
- You must comply with all applicable environmental and building codes, regulations and laws.
- Your installation area and subfloor must be dry, sound and flat within industry standards. Also, use
a moisture barrier according to the installation instructions and acclimate your flooring to the area
where it is being installed. Once acclimated and before work begins, measure the moisture content
of the flooring and subfloor with a moisture meter and document it. The moisture levels between
the flooring and the subfloor must be 4% or less.
- Your installation area must be between 60˚ to 80˚ Fahrenheit with a relative humidity between 30%
and 50% for at least five days prior to delivery and throughout the life of your floor to ensure
- It is the duty of the owner and installer to inspect each plank for quality, color, and finish prior to
installation. This warranty does not cover materials with visible defects once they are installed.
Please immediately contact your retailer if you are not satisfied with the flooring prior to
installation. Standard industry practice (reference: NWFA) allows for up to 5% defects that could
include milling, handling, finish and/or grade defects. This warranty applies only to flooring material
that is in excess of this 5%. Millworks Flooring will replace or refund the purchase price of material
deemed to be defective in excess of 5%.
This limited warranty is valid from the date of purchase of the flooring and is not transferrable or any owner other than the original
purchaser. Your Millworks luxury vinyl plank is warranted to be free from manufacturing defects and, under normal use and
maintenance, will not wear, fade or stain resulting in loss of original pattern and color, for a specified length of time as defined in the
table set forth below. This Limited Warranty only applies provided the flooring covered by this warranty is installed and maintained
according to Millworks Installation & Floor Care Instructions.
Millworks Flooring warrants that your luxury vinyl plank floor will be free from manufacturing defects and, for a lifetime under
residential use and for 5 years under light commercial use. Millworks warrants that the flooring will not discolor from mold, mildew
or alkali. Under no circumstances shall Seller’s liability exceed the purchase price of the goods with respect to damages that are
claimed. The obligation of Millworks Flooring and Buyer’s sole remedy under its Limited Wear Warranty is the supply of replacement
flooring tiles for the failed material from regular product inventory lines. Millworks Flooring shall not be liable for labor or for any
other costs incurred in the repair or replacement of flooring tiles, nor shall Millworks Flooring be liable for any special, indirect,
incidental or consequential damages.
Light commercial use means use in environments which do not have heavy commercial traffic, including art galleries, banks,
bookstores, boutiques, coffee shops, dry cleaners, gift shops, hotel rooms, jewelry stores, professional offices (i.e. accountants,
lawyers, physicians, dentists, and optometrists), photography studios, and waiting rooms.
This Limited Warranty covers materials and reasonable labor costs if professional installation was paid for when the flooring was
originally installed, provided that such flooring is installed according to the current Millworks Installation Instructions at the time of
The appearance and performance of any luxury vinyl tile floor depends on following industry accepted practices for installation and
care after the floor is installed. Accordingly, the warranty shall be voided if any of the following conditions exist:
- Dissatisfaction with the floor due to the design, pattern or color.
- Damage due to improper installation or maintenance.
- Improper storage and handling of the flooring
- Damage caused by vacuum cleaner beater bars, indentations or damage caused by improper rolling loads, caster wheels, chairs
or other furniture without proper floor protectors and cuts from sharp objects.
- Damage caused by fire, burns, intentional abuse, or construction.
- Surface scratches or scuffing.
- Changes in color or sheen from exposure to sunlight or due to use of rubber backed area rugs or mats.
- Exterior installations.
- Loss or changes in gloss levels.
- Minor shade, color or texture differences between samples and the delivered product.
- Failure to follow installation instructions regarding acclimation of the product prior to installation or failure to maintain the
environment within specified guidelines.
- Problems affecting the flooring related to substrate, moisture infiltration from sidewalls or subfloor moisture emission before or
- Improper preparation of, or deficiencies in the subfloor joist assembly including, but not limited to, subfloor material, fasteners,
patching or leveling compounds. These situations are considered to be part of the installation inspection process prior to
installing the flooring. Do not install flooring if these situations exist.
- Normal wear of the finish in high traffic areas, pivot points, and seating areas. Gloss or sheen changes are not considered wear
through, and therefore not covered under the finish warranty.
- Losses, damages or expenses relating to anything other than the floor itself are not covered. For example, personal
damages/costs that may arise while pursuing a quality issue, such as missed time from work, hotel stays, storage fees, kennel
costs for pets, etc., are not covered. Further, costs relating to the removal of defective flooring or installation of replacement
flooring are not covered under the warranty.
The foregoing sets forth the Manufacturer’s sole obligations and liability under the Warranty. The Warranty is an exclusive remedy
and is in lieu of all other express and/or statutory warranties. The Manufacturer disclaims all warranties not expressly set for the
To file a claim under this Warranty Program, contact your retailer or builder within 3 months of experiencing a problem. A written
notice of claim must be filed within the warranty coverage period along with proof of purchase. Information verifying the identity
of the original purchaser and invoices as proof of purchase will be requested. The floor must have been purchased from an
authorized dealer and entirely paid for. The purchase of Millworks luxury vinyl plank from an unauthorized dealer will automatically
void any manufacturer’s warranty.