Millwork’s Carrington Plus is crafted to meet the industry’s highest quality standards and carefully manufactured to ensure that the
flooring is free of defects. Each tile is meticulously inspected before and after the finishing process to make sure it complies with
Millwork’s strict standards. All Millworks luxury vinyl tile is covered by a limited warranty as described in this document.
Prior to installing your Millworks flooring, you or the installer must determine the job-site environment as well as determine
whether the floor’s sub-surfaces meet or exceed applicable industry and product standards including the following:
- You must comply with all applicable environmental and building codes, regulations and laws.
- Your installation area and subfloor must be dry, sound and flat within industry standards. Once acclimated and before work
begins, measure the moisture content of the subfloor with a moisture meter and document it.
- Your installation area must be between 60 ̊ to 80 ̊ Fahrenheit with a relative humidity between 30% and 50% for at least 72
hours prior to delivery and throughout the life of your floor to ensure optimum performance.
- It is the duty of the owner and installer to inspect each tile finish prior to installation. This warranty does not cover materials
with visible defects once they are installed. Please immediately contact your retailer if you are not satisfied with the flooring
prior to installation.
This limited warranty is valid from the date of purchase of the flooring and is not transferrable or any owner other than the original purchaser. Your Millworks luxury vinyl plank is warranted to be free from manufacturing defects and, under normal use and maintenance, will not wear, delaminate or stain resulting in loss of original pattern and color, for a specified length of time as defined in the table set forth below. This Limited Warranty only applies provided the flooring covered by this warranty is installed and maintained according to Millworks Installation & Floor Care Instructions.
- “Wear” must be through the wear layer to the degree that the printed pattern is affected or altered.
- “Delamination” related to separation of layers of the flooring.
- “Stain” must be from normal household cleaning agents, chemicals or routine care & maintenance.
Light commercial use means use in environments which do not have heavy commercial traffic, including art galleries, banks,
bookstores, boutiques, coffee shops, dry cleaners, gift shops, hotel rooms, jewelry stores, professional offices (i.e. accountants,
lawyers, physicians, dentists, and optometrists), photography studios, and waiting rooms.
Correctly constructed wood subfloors are not subject to moisture transmission. The light commercial warranty applies only to floors installed directly on concrete subfloors. Mold and mildew growth caused by excessive moisture as a result of flooding, plumbing and
appliance leaks, and water leakage through sliding glass doors is not covered.
The manufacturer reserves the right to repair the floor and use its own vendor to perform the replacement or repair. It is the customer’s responsibility to make ready the affected area at their own expense.
If a claim is filed in writing to the merchant from which the flooring was purchased within twelve months from the date of installation, the manufacturer will supply new flooring material of similar color and quality to replace the defective area. The manufacturer will pay reasonable labor costs if professional installation was paid for when the floor was originally installed.
If a claim is filed in writing to the merchant from which the flooring was purchased after twelve months from the date of installation, the manufacturer will supply new flooring material of similar color and quality to replace the defective area. The manufacturer will not pay labor costs.
This Limited Warranty covers materials and reasonable labor costs if professional installation was paid for when the flooring was
originally installed, provided that such flooring is installed according to the current Millworks Installation Instructions at the time of
The appearance and performance of any luxury vinyl tile floor depends on following industry accepted practices for installation and
care after the floor is installed. Accordingly, the warranty shall be voided if any of the following conditions exist:
- Dissatisfaction with the floor due to the design, pattern or color.
- Damage due to improper installation or maintenance.
- Improper storage and handling of the flooring.
- Damage caused by vacuum cleaner beater bars, indentations or damage caused by improper rolling loads, caster wheels, chairs
or other furniture without proper floor protectors and cuts from sharp objects.
- Damage caused by fire, burns, intentional abuse, or construction.
- Surface scratches or scuffing.
- Changes in color or sheen from exposure to sunlight or due to use of rubber backed area rugs or mats.
- Exterior installations.
- Installation of flooring that contains any manufacturing defect.
- Minor shade, color or texture differences between samples and the delivered product.
- Failure to follow installation instructions regarding acclimation of the product prior to installation or failure to maintain the
environment within specified guidelines.
- Problems affecting the flooring related to substrate, moisture infiltration from sidewalls or subfloor moisture emission before or
- Improper preparation of, or deficiencies in the subfloor joist assembly including, but not limited to, subfloor material, fasteners,
patching or leveling compounds. These situations are considered to be part of the installation inspection process prior to
installing the flooring. Do not install flooring if these situations exist.
- Normal wear of the finish in high traffic areas, pivot points, and seating areas. Gloss or sheen changes are not considered wear
through, and therefore not covered under the finish warranty.
- Losses, damages or expenses relating to anything other than the floor itself are not covered. For example, personal
damages/costs that may arise while pursuing a quality issue, such as missed time from work, hotel stays, storage fees, kennel
costs for pets, etc., are not covered. Further, costs relating to the removal of defective flooring or installation of replacement
flooring are not covered under the warranty.
The foregoing sets forth the Manufacturer’s sole obligations and liability under the Warranty. The Warranty is an exclusive remedy and is in lieu of all other express and/or statutory warranties. The Manufacturer disclaims all warranties not expressly set for the above.
To file a claim under this Warranty Program, contact your retailer or builder within 3 months of experiencing a problem. A written notice of claim must be filed within the warranty coverage period along with proof of purchase. Information verifying the identity of the original purchaser and invoices as proof of purchase will be requested. The floor must have been purchased from an authorized dealer and entirely paid for. The purchase of Millworks luxury vinyl plank from an unauthorized dealer will automatically void any manufacturer’s warranty.